The Children’s Art Festival and Earthday Youth Art Show at the Buena Park Community Center provides a wonderful opportunity for parents and children to enjoy a day discovering the arts together. Hands-on art activities, live music, and much more provide a delightful celebration of the rich cultural traditions that thrive in our own backyards! In honor of Earth Day, festival activities will focus on being kind to our planet, so craft projects will incorporate found and recycled objects easily found in the home.
In conjunction with the Children’s Arts Festival, the Earthday Youth Art Show is a one day exhibit at the event showcasing artwork from students of Buena Park and surrounding cities. Students are encouraged to create art pieces that celebrate the earth or raise awareness about environmental issues. Prizes will be awarded to the place winners in each grade level and all artwork will be on display at the festival.
- Artwork on paper must be matted and/or mounted on mat board. Art that is not matted or mounted will not be accepted.
- No 3-dimensional artwork will be accepted.
- Not open to after school art programs or private instruction classes.
- Students are allowed to enter a maximum of three submissions, but may only place with one entry.
- All artwork must have a sheet of paper attached to the back lower right hand corner with the student’s name, title of work, grade, school, along with parent and teacher contact information.
Artwork submissions will be accepted Monday, March 18 through Wednesday, April 8 by 5:00 p.m. at the Buena Park Community Center 6688 Beach Blvd. in Buena Park. Open Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m. and alternating Fridays (consult the City Hall calendar on BuenaPark.com for office closures).
For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Division at (714) 562-3868 or visit BuenaPark.com
This article was released by the City of Buena Park.