Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, March 26, 2019:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the 70s through most of the week, with a chance of showers around midweek.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1804 Congress orders the removal of Indians east of the Mississippi River to Louisiana.
- 1804 The territory of New Orleans is organized in the Louisiana Purchase.
- 1832 Famed western artist George Catlin begins his voyage up the Missouri River aboard the American Fur Company steamship Yellowstone.
- 1874 Birth of Robert Frost, poet, multiple Pulitzer Prize-winner.
- 1880 Birth of Duncan Hines, U.S. restaurant guide author
- 1885 Eastman Film Co. manufactures the first commercial motion picture film.
- 1911 Birth of Tennessee Williams, American dramatist (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, A Streetcar Named Desire).
- 1914 Birth of William Westmoreland, U.S. army general during the Vietnam War.
- 1930 Birth of Sandra Day O’Connor, U.S. Supreme Court Justice.
- 1950 Senator Joe McCarthy names Owen Lattimore, an ex-State Department adviser, as a Soviet spy.
- 1951 The United States Air Force flag design is approved.
- 1953 Eisenhower offers increased aid to the French fighting in Indochina.
- 1953 Dr. Jonas Salk announces a new vaccine against polio.
- 1954 The United States sets off an H-bomb blast in the Marshall Islands, the second in four weeks.
- 1961 John F. Kennedy meets with British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan in Washington to discuss increased Communist involvement in Laos.
- 1982 Ground is broken in Washington D.C. for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- 1992 An Indianapolis court finds heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson guilty of rape.