Rep. Harley Rouda (CA-48) voted today to condemn the Trump Administration’s legal campaign to take away American’s health care. H. Res 271 opposes actions taken by the Trump Administration to remove protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions, cancel co-pay and deductible caps, and halt assistance programs for seniors struggling with sky-high drug prices.
Said Rouda, “The ordinary people whose lives would be upended by this decision have been offered a raw deal: to blow up health care and fix it later. But even that’s a false promise. There’s no plan to help the 316,000 people with pre-existing conditions in coastal Orange County who he’d be leaving on a thread, no plan for the thousands bankrupted by rising co-pays and deductibles.”
“Californians shouldn’t have to choose between getting the care they need and paying their bills. The Trump administration must stop trying to take health care away from people and get serious about making health care affordable.”
Representative Harley Rouda voted to:
- Affirm the actions taken by the Trump Administration to invalidate Affordable Care Act protections for those with pre-existing conditions is an unacceptable and partisan attack on American lives.
- Encourage the Department of Justice to protect seniors struggling to pay for sky-high prescription drug costs, families and individuals with pre-existing conditions, and hard-working and vulnerable Americans who gained health insurance in 2014.
Republicans’ Texas. U.S. lawsuit rips away health coverage from 20 million Americans. It would also destroy:
- The ban on lifetime and annual limits on coverage;
- The Medicaid expansion;
- The tax subsidies that make health insurance affordable for millions of Americans;
- The cap on out-of-pocket costs;
- The savings of seniors on their drug costs through the closing of the Medicare ‘donut hole’;
This article was released by the Office of Representative Harley Rouda.