Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, April 4, 2019:
A slight chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 68. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
High temperatures are expected to remain in the 60s to low 70s for the remainder of the week, before spiking into the upper 80s in the new week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1792 Birth of Thaddeus Stevens, U.S. Republican congressional leader.
- 1802 Birth of Dorothea Dix, American social reformer.
- 1812 The territory of Orleans becomes the 18th state and will become known as Louisiana.
- 1818 The United States flag is declared to have 13 red and white stripes and 20 stars.
- 1841 President William Henry Harrison, aged 68, becomes the first president to die in office, just a month after being sworn in.
- 1862 The Battle of Yorktown begins as Union gen. George B. McClellan closes in on Richmond, Va.
- 1917 The U.S. Senate votes 90-6 to enter World War I on Allied side.
- 1968 Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. is assassinated in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1974 Hank Aaron ties Babe Ruth’s home-run record.