Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, April 19, 2019:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 80. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Temperatures are expected to drop back to seasonal levels over the weekend before climbing back into the 80s by midweek.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1689 Residents of Boston oust their governor, Edmond Andros.
- 1721 Birth of Roger Sherman, signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1764 The English Parliament bans the American colonies from printing paper money.
- 1775 The American Revolution begins as fighting breaks out at Lexington, Massachusetts.
- 1782 The Netherlands recognizes the United States.
- 1802 The Spanish reopen New Orleans port to American merchants.
- 1832 Birth of Lucretia Rudolph, President James A. Garfield’s first lady.
- 1861 The Baltimore riots result in four Union soldiers and nine civilians killed.
- 1861 President Abraham Lincoln orders a blockade of Confederate ports.
- 1903 Birth of Eliot Ness, Treasury agent during Prohibition.
- 1934 Shirley Temple appears in her first movie.
- 1960 Baseball uniforms begin displaying player’s names on their backs.
- 1977 Alex Haley receives a special Pulitzer Prize for his book Roots.
- 1982 NASA names Sally Ride to be the first woman astronaut.
- 1989 The battleship USS Iowa‘s number 2 turret explodes, killing sailors.
- 1993 The FBI ends a 51-day siege by storming the Branch Davidian religious cult headquarters in Waco, Texas.
- 1995 A truck bomb explodes in front of the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.