Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, April 21, 2019:
Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 53. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
Highs are expected to rise into the mid-80s by the middle of the new week, with mostly sunny skies, before dropping back into the 70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1649 The Maryland Toleration Act is passed, allowing all people freedom of worship.
- 1836 General Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto. Texas wins independence from Mexico.
- 1838 Birth of John Muir, naturalist.
- 1862 Congress establishes the U.S. Mint.
- 1865 Abraham Lincoln’s funeral train leaves Washington.
- 1898 The Spanish-American War begins.
- 1910 Mark Twain dies at the age of 75.
- 1914 U.S. Marines occupy Vera Cruz, Mexico. They will stay six months.
- 1916 Bill Carlisle, the infamous ‘last train robber,’ robs a train in Hanna, Wyoming.
- 1943 President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces that several Doolittle pilots have been executed by Japanese.
- 1966 Pfc. Milton Lee Olive is awarded the Medal of Honor, posthumously, for bravery during the Vietnam War.
- 1995 Federal authorities arrest Timothy McVeigh in connection with the Oklahoma City bombing.