The City of Seal Beach has approved updates to the municipal code and parking permit policy to further improve the parking experience throughout the City, including:
Updated parking regulations:
- The City commercial areas within Old Town are defined as along Main Street from Ocean Ave to PCH, between 8th and 10th
- Streets along Ocean Ave, Central Ave, and Electric Ave, and all of PCH.
- Head-in parking is required in all municipal parking lots and on Main Street, except where signage states otherwise.
- Oversize vehicles are not permitted to park in any municipal parking lots.
- Time-limited parking requires that vehicles parked in time-restricted commercial areas move a minimum of 150 feet for double the posted time limit after the time limit has been reached. Vehicles parked on-street in non-time limit commercial areas must move a minimum of 150 feet after being parked for 72 hours.
- Vehicles parked in designated Electric Vehicle charging spaces are only permitted to park while actively charging.
- Removal of tire chalk is violation of the Municipal Code.
Updated Parking Permit Policy:
- Residents can obtain a temporary parking permit if they are temporarily unable to move their vehicle from an on-street parking space and on-premises parking is not reasonably available. Residents must abide by all other parking rules and regulations when obtaining this permit. Permits may be obtained Monday through Friday at City Hall in the Finance Department (211 8th St, Seal Beach). Hours are 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. Closed from noon to 1PM for lunch. Permits can be also obtained through the City of Seal Beach website at www.sealbeachca.gov.
Parking enforcement hours of operation – Parking enforcement occurs 24 hours a day. The City of Seal Beach has hired additional parking enforcement Officers who will be working expanded hours. Effective immediately, the community may see parking enforcement occurring between 7AM and 10PM, seven days per week.
Paid parking technology – An additional credit card only payment kiosk has been installed in the 8th Street Beach parking lot, increasing the total to three kiosks in the beach lot.
Mobile payment technology – mobile payment technology remains in operations and patrons are encouraged to download the mobile payment application (called “Passport Parking”) prior to arriving. This payment method can be used in all City parking lots. This technology works with both android and apple.
Questions or concerns can be submitted by e-mail to [email protected]
Please contact Police Commander Steve Bowles at (562) 799-4100 ext. 1127 for further information.
This article was released by the Seal Beach Police Department.