Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, May 19, 2019:
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 11am, then a chance of showers. High near 69. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
A chance of showers will be possible through the first part of the week, with highs in the low 70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1535 French explorer Jacques Cartier sets sail for North America.
- 1780 Near total darkness descends on New England at noon. No explanation is found.
- 1856 Senator Charles Sumner speaks out against slavery.
- 1858 A pro-slavery band led by Charles Hamilton executes unarmed Free State men near Marais des Cygnes on the Kansas-Missouri border.
- 1863 Union General Ulysses S. Grant’s first attack on Vicksburg is repulsed.
- 1864 The Union and Confederate armies launch their last attacks against each other at Spotsylvania, Virginia.
- 1895 Birth of Johns Hopkins, merchant and philanthropist.
- 1921 Congress sharply curbs immigration, setting a national quota system.
- 1925 Birth of Malcolm X (Malcolm Little), African-American activist.
- 1935 The National Football League adopts an annual college draft to begin in 1936.
- 1964 U.S. diplomats find at least 40 microphones planted in the American embassy in Moscow.
- 1967 U.S. planes bomb Hanoi for the first time.