Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, May 25, 2019:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 68. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
A chance of showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1787 The Constitutional convention opens at Philadelphia with George Washington presiding.
- 1803 Birth of Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist and philosopher.
- 1886 Birth of Philip Murray, American labor leader, founder of the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO).
- 1889 Birth of Igor Sikorsky, American aviation engineer who developed the first successful helicopter.
- 1925 John Scopes is indicted for teaching Darwinian theory in school.
- 1935 Jesse Owens sets six world records in less than an hour in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- 1953 The first atomic cannon is fired in Nevada.