Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, May 26, 2019:
Showers. High near 61. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Showers, mainly before 11pm. Low around 53. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Morning clouds followed by mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 70s are expected for the coming week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1647 A new law bans Catholic priests from the colony of Massachusetts. The penalty is banishment or death for a second offense.
- 1835 A resolution is passed in the U.S. Congress stating that Congress has no authority over state slavery laws.
- 1864 The territory of Montana is organized.
- 1865 The last Confederate army surrenders in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- 1907 Birth of John Wayne [Marion Michael Morrison], American actor and film icon.
- 1919 Birth of Jay Silverheels, actor (The Lone Ranger).
- 1920 Birth of Peggy Lee, jazz singer.
- 1923 Birth of James Arness, actor (Gunsmoke).
- 1938 The House Committee on Un-American Activities begins its work of searching for subversives in the United States.
- 1946 A patent is filed in the United States for the H-bomb.
- 1961 A U.S. Air Force bomber flies across the Atlantic in a record of just over three hours.
- 1961 The civil rights activist group, Freedom Ride Coordinating Committee, is established in Atlanta.
- 1969 Apollo 10 returns to Earth.
- 1977 The movie Star Wars debuts.