Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, May 28, 2019:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 71. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 57. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Morning clouds followed by mostly sunny skies with highs in the low to mid 70s are expected for the coming week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1818 Birth of P. G. T. Beauregard, Confederate general during the American Civil War.
- 1830 Congress authorizes Indian removal from all states to the western Prairie.
- 1863 The 54th Massachusetts, a regiment of African-American recruits, leaves Boston, headed for Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- 1888 Birth of Jim Thorpe, American athlete.
- 1953 Melody, the first animated 3-D cartoon in Technicolor, premiers.