July is recognized by the California Parks and Recreation Society (CPRS) as “Parks Make Life Better” month which is a statewide initiative to promote parks, recreational activities, and community services for people of all ages. To celebrate, the Recreation & Community Services Department is offering the following FREE programs to the community:
- Free admission during the month of July for pick-up sports
- Pick-up soccer at Laurel Park on Tuesdays from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Pick-up basketball at Oak Gymnasium on Tuesdays from 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pick-up pickle ball at Laurel Park Tennis Courts on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Pick-up volleyball at Oak Gymnasium on Thursdays from 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Free arts and craft workshop for children ages 5 to 12 years old at the Los Alamitos Community Center on Saturday, July 20 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required
- Free contract classes
- Line Dancing
- U-Jam Fitness
- Visit the pop-up dog park with your furry family member at Laurel Park from July 8 to July 29. Pop-up dog park hours are Monday to Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Social media contest and prizes such as FAll Friday Night Lights Flag Football registrations, Fall AYSO Region 159 registrations, gift certificates from local businesses, and gift certificates for Los Alamitos Recreation & Community Services classes and programs.
For additional information, please contact the Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department at 562-430-1073 or visit us online at www.cityoflosalamitos.org/recreation.