Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, July 5, 2019:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 78. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
High temperatures are expected to remain at seasonable levels in the upper 70s to low 80s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1776 The Declaration of Independence is first printed by John Dunlop in Philadelphia.
- 1801 Birth of David Farragut, U.S. admiral during the American Civil War.
- 1810 Birth of P.T. Barnum, American showman.
- 1814 U.S. troops under Jacob Brown defeat a superior British force at Chippewa, Canada.
- 1863 Federal troops occupy Vicksburg, Mississippi and distribute supplies to the citizens.
- 1892 Andrew Beard is issued a patent for the rotary engine.
- 1944 The Japanese garrison on Numfoor, New Guinea, tries to counterattack but is soon beaten back by U.S. forces.
- 1950 American forces engage the North Koreans for the first time at Osan, South Korea.