Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, July 14, 2019:
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 85. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 64. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the mid-80s before gradually dropping back into the 70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1798 The Sedition Act is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1864 At Harrisburg, Mississippi, Federal troops under General Andrew Jackson Smith repulse an attack by General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
- 1904 Birth of Isaac Singer, Polish-born American writer.
- 1912 Birth of Woodrow Wilson “Woody” Guthrie, American folk singer.
- 1913 Birth of Gerald Ford, 38th President of the United States (1974-1977).
- 1938 Howard Hughes and crew set a new world record for an around-the-world flight.
- 1945 American battleships and cruisers bombard the Japanese home islands for the first time.
- 1951 The George Washington Carver National Monument in Joplin, Missouri becomes the first national park honoring an African American.
- 1964 The United States sends 600 more troops to Vietnam.