Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, July 15, 2019:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 64. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
High temperatures are forecast to remain in the mid-80s before gradually dropping back into the 70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1779 Birth of Clement Moore, American scholar and educator.
- 1863 Confederate raider Bill Anderson and his Bushwhackers attack Huntsville, Missouri, stealing $45,000 from the local bank.
- 1901 Over 74,000 Pittsburgh steel workers go on strike.
- 1958 President Dwight Eisenhower sends 5,000 Marines to Lebanon to keep the peace.
- 1960 John F. Kennedy accepts the Democratic nomination for president.