Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, July 24, 2019:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
High temperatures are expected to gradually drop back into the mid to lower 80s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1701 Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac establishes Fort Pontchartrain for France at present-day Detroit, Michigan.
- 1847 The first members of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) arrive in Utah, settling in present-day Salt Lake City.
- 1862 The eighth president of the United States, Martin Van Buren, dies at the age of 79.
- 1897 African-American soldiers of the 25th Infantry Bicycle Corps arrive in St. Louis, Mo., after completing a 40-day bike ride from Missoula, Montana.
- 1897 Birth of Amelia Earhart, aviation pioneer.
- 1941 The U.S. government denounces Japanese actions in Indochina.
- 1950 The U.S. Fifth Air Force relocates from Japan to Korea.
- 1974 The Supreme Court rules that President Richard Nixon must surrender the Watergate tapes.