Top Ten Stories for August 2019 include an embezzling clerk, Irvine Lake re-opening, municipal fiscal sustainability, and Uber in Orange County.
The Top Ten Stories for August 2019 were the most read stories at Orange County Breeze over the month of August 2019 (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- Former Esperanza High School clerk charged with 222 felonies for embezzlement
- KROQ Presents On The Water Festival at Huntington State Beach
- Supervisor Donald P. Wagner reopens Irvine Lake for shoreline fishing</li>
- Governor signs Senator Chang’s bill to address human biohacking
- Uber Pro now available to all qualified Orange County drivers
- Cypress police blotter, August 16 to August 22, 2019
- Man killed in Long Beach after dispute ends in shooting
- Gelson’s Market roasts up delicious Hatch chili peppers
- Los Alamitos City Council confronts fiscal sustainability crisis
- Cypress police blotter, August 2 to August 8, 2019
The event below qualified to be on the top ten list, except that it’s an event rather than an article. Events in our AWESOME community calendar are automatically deleted once the date passes, so no link is provided.
- Long Beach Greek Festival, August 31
Cover graphic of the September 2019 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide. The guide lists events local to northwest Orange County and southeast Los Angeles County.
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.