The Los Alamitos Volunteer Program, sponsored by Southland Credit Union, will offer three members scholarships that will assist them in furthering their education. Applicants must minimally fulfill the following criteria.
- Be a member of the Los Alamitos Volunteer program for a minimum of two completed years.
- Must have a minimum of 100 hours volunteered as a member of the L.A.V.P. program.
- Must be in good standings with the L.A.V.P. program
- Submit a scholarship application.
Applications will be accepted beginning September 1 with a deadline of October 11, 2019. Three scholarships will be awarded annually. The Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts Commission will determine the scholarship recipients and a presentation will be done at an upcoming City Council meeting.
- Gold Scholarship – $750.00
- Silver Scholarship – $500.00
- Bronze Scholarship – $250.00
Applications to join the Los Alamitos Volunteer Program or to apply for the Scholarship may be found at www.cityoflosalamitos.org/recreation.
This article was released by the City of Los Alamitos.