Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, September 28, 2019:
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
A chance of rain before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 58. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
High temperatures are expected to rise into the 80s around the middle of the next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1864 Union General William Rosecrans blames his defeat at Chickamauga on two of his subordinate generals. They are later exonerated by a court of inquiry.
- 1874 Colonel Ronald Mackenzie raids a war camp of Comanche and Kiowa at the Battle of Palo Duro Canyon, Texas, slaughtering 2,000 of their horses.
- 1904 A woman is placed under arrest for smoking a cigarette on New York’s Fifth Avenue.
- 1912 W.C. Handy’s “Memphis Blues” is published.
- 1913 Race riots in Harriston, Mississippi, kill 10 people.
- 1915 Birth of Ethel Rosenberg, who, with her husband Julius, became one of the first American civilians executed for espionage.
- 1924 Three U.S. Army aircraft arrive in Seattle, Washington after completing a 22-day round-the-world flight.
- 1959 Explorer VI, the U.S. satellite, takes the first video pictures of earth.
- 2008 SpaceX launches the first private spacecraft, Falcon 1.