The Ocean View School District is partnering with the Orange County Department of Education to offer parents and guardians an important free workshop about vaping prevention.
A Youth Vaping Prevention Workshop for Parents hosted with the Orange County Department of Education will take place October 16, 2019 at 6:00 p.m at Mesa View Middle School Gym, 17601 Avilla Lane, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. It is free of charge
There is growing concern about youth vaping today, especially on school campuses across the nation. Newer, pod-based e-cigarettes are easy to conceal and contain high levels of nicotine, which can disrupt adolescent brain development.
You will learn:
- What the new types of e-cigarettes look like
- What research says about the risks of youth vaping
- How vaping devices are used with marijuana
- How to talk to your child about vaping
- What prevention resources are available
For more information, contact Stephan Lambert, Prevention Coordinator, OCDE, at (714) 966-4412.
This article was released by the Ocean View School District.