Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, November 26, 2019:
Sunny, with a high near 69. East wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
Showers likely after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 52. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
The weather is expected to turn cold and rainy over the Thanksgiving holiday, with the heaviest rain expected on Wednesday. Sunny skies are expected to return by Saturday.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1774 A congress of colonial leaders criticizes British influence in the colonies and affirms their right to “Life, liberty and property.”
- 1789 George Washington proclaims this a National Thanksgiving Day in honor of the new Constitution. This date was later used to set the date for Thanksgiving.
- 1825 The Kappa Alpha Society, the second American college Greek-letter fraternity, is founded.
- 1863 The first National Thanksgiving is celebrated.
- 1894 Birth of Norbert Weiner, American mathematician, considered the father of automation.
- 1901 The Hope diamond is brought to New York.
- 1912 Birth of Eric Sevareid, American broadcast journalist for CBS News.
- 1941 The Japanese fleet departs from the Kuril Islands en route to its attack on Pearl Harbor.
- 1957 President Eisenhower suffers a minor stroke.
- 1975 Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme is found guilty of an attempt on President Gerald Ford’s life.
- 2000 Republican candidate George W. Bush is certified the winner of Florida’s electoral votes, giving him enough electoral votes to defeat Democrat Al Gore Jr. for the US presidency, despite losing the popular vote.