Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, November 27, 2019:
Showers. High near 59. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10pm. Low around 48. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Showers are possible through Saturday, followed by a slight warm-up and another chance of rain next week.
Flash Flood Watch in effect from November 27, 04:00 AM PST until November 28, 10:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1826 Jebediah Smith’s expedition reaches San Diego, becoming the first Americans to cross the southwestern part of the continent.
- 1862 George Armstrong Custer meets his future bride, Elizabeth Bacon, at a Thanksgiving party.
- 1868 Lieutenant Colonel George A. Custer’s 7th Cavalry kills Chief Black Kettle and about 100 Cheyenne (mostly women and children) on the Washita River.
- 1874 Birth of Charles A. Beard, distinguished American historian who wrote History of the United States.
- 1887 U.S. Deputy Marshall Frank Dalton, brother of the three famous outlaws, is killed in the line of duty near Fort Smith, Ark.
- 1909 U.S. troops land in Blue fields, Nicaragua, to protect American interests there.
- 1950 East of the Choosing River, Chinese forces annihilate an American task force.
- 1959 Demonstrators march in Tokyo to protest a defense treaty with the United States.
- 1967 Lyndon Johnson appoints Robert McNamara to presidency of the World Bank.
- 1973 US Senate votes to confirm Gerald Ford as President of the United States, following President Richard Nixon’s resignation; the House will confirm Ford on Dec. 6.
- 1978 San Francisco mayor George Moscone and Harvey Milk, the city’s first openly gay supervisor, assassinated by former city supervisor Dan White.
- 2001 Hubble Space Telescope discovers a hydrogen atmosphere on planet Osiris, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.