Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, November 28, 2019:
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 56. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 44. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Showers are possible through Saturday, followed by a slight warm-up and another chance of rain next week.
Flash Flood Watch in effect from November 27, 04:00 AM PST until November 28, 10:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1729 Natchez Indians massacre most of the 300 French settlers and soldiers at Fort Rosalie, Louisiana.
- 1861 The Confederate Congress admits Missouri to the Confederacy, although Missouri has not yet seceded from the Union.
- 1872 The Modoc War of 1872-73 begins in northern California when fighting breaks out between Modoc Chief Captain Jack and a cavalry detail led by Captain James Jackson.
- 1925 The forerunner of the Grand Ole Opry, called the WSM Barn Dance, opens in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1941 The aircraft carrier USS Enterprise departs from Pearl Harbor to deliver F4F Wildcat fighters to Wake Island. This mission saves the carrier from destruction when the Japanese attack.
- 1943 Sir Winston Churchill, Joseph Stalin and Franklin D. Roosevelt meet at Tehran, Iran, to hammer out war aims.
- 1948 Dr. Edwin Land’s first Polaroid cameras go on sale in Boston.
- 1961 Ernie Davis becomes the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy.
- 1963 Cape Canaveral is renamed Cape Kennedy.
- 1984 Republican Robert Dole is elected Senate majority leader.