District 5 of NATIONAL CHARITY LEAGUE, Inc. (NCL) will host its 14th annual Operation Valentine a one-day event where over 950 mothers-daughters representing fifteen Orange County chapters of National Charity League, Inc. come together to serve local charities focused on serving the men, women and families of our military.
NCL members (mothers and their daughters in grades 7th to 12th) work side-by-side rotating from station to station creating “heart-felt” thank you cards and care packages to send to our country’s military, veterans and their families. The event initiative “Service from the Heart” includes the following charities that packages are being created for:
- Sherri’s Project: Wounded Warrior Pack: treats and chew toys for service dogs used in rehab for military veterans.
- Homefront America, Inc.: iCare kits for deployed and homecoming active military.
- Operation Help a Hero: Camp Joy Bags – for children whose parent is deployed to spend the day focused on the celebration not the separation. Baby Shower in box – pampering expecting mothers with deployed spouses. Welcome Home Bags – help welcome back service members returning from deployment to the barracks.
- Veterans Outreach OC: Toiletry kits made for Veterans in Orange County.
- HomeAid Orange County Family Care Center and Mercy House: Handmade Fleece blankets made to distribute to OC homeless adults, children and infants.
- Working Wardrobes – Hygiene kits for Men and Make-up kits for women will be assembled. Women’s professional attire clothing drive to help transform those from the inside out.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County: Food drive to collect canned goods.
Where: Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
8014 Marine Way
Irvine, CA 92618
When: Saturday, January 25th, 2020, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
About National Charity League, Inc.
Established in Los Angeles, California in 1925, and incorporated in 1958, National Charity League, Inc. is the nation’s premier mother-daughter non-profit organization. Through mission-based programming, National Charity League develops socially responsible community leaders and strengthens the mother-daughter bond. The six-year core program includes leadership development, community service, and cultural experiences. Currently, the philanthropic organization has over 72,000 Members and 200,000 Alumnae in 272 Chapters that thrive in 27 states nationwide. Having grown by nearly 67 percent in the last decade, those Members contributed more than 2.3 million volunteer hours to more than 4,000 local philanthropy partners last year alone. For more information or for alumnae interested in reconnecting, visit www.nationalcharityleague.org to find a Chapter in your area.
This article was released by National Charity League, Inc.