Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, February 19, 2020:
Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Calm wind.
Mostly sunny skies are forecast, with highs expected in the upper 60s to low 70s.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1807 Vice President Aaron Burr is arrested in Alabama for treason. He is later found innocent.
- 1847 Rescuers finally reach the ill-fated Donner Party in the Sierras.
- 1917 American troops are recalled from the Mexican border.
- 1925 President Calvin Coolidge proposes the phasing out of inheritance tax.
- 1944 The U.S. Eighth Air Force and Royal Air Force begin “Big Week,” a series of heavy bomber attacks against German aircraft production facilities.
- 1965 Fourteen Vietnam War protesters are arrested for blocking the United Nations’ doors in New York.
- 1966 Robert F. Kennedy suggests the United States offer the Vietcong a role in governing South Vietnam.
- 1981 The U.S. State Department calls El Salvador a “textbook case” of a Communist plot.
- 1987 New York Governor Mario Cuomo declares that he will not run for president in the next election.