The City of Seal Beach encourages community members to be proactive in helping to stop the spread of infectious diseases.
Although the risk to the general public in Orange County is low, the spread of certain diseases such as the Novel Coronavirus serves as a good reminder to practice proactive strategies to help prevent the spread of infection. In order to protect yourself and your families from getting sick, the public should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water (scrub for at least 20 seconds). If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are experiencing symptoms of the cold or flu.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue then promptly dispose of it in the trash.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you do experience symptoms such as fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, or other flu-like symptoms, please seek medical attention.
For more information regarding the Novel Coronavirus visit www.ochealthinfo.com/novelcoronavirus.
This article was released by the City of Seal Beach.