At Knots of Love, the health of makers and the patients we serve are our top priority. As such, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Does the coronavirus spread person-to-person?
Yes, the virus can spread from one person to another, either through droplets of saliva or mucus that can travel in the air up to six feet when an infected person coughs or sneezes or through viral particles that can be transferred through direct contact, such as through shaking hands or sharing a drink with someone who has the virus.
Can the coronavirus live on fabric, carpet, and other soft surfaces? What about hard surfaces?
Currently, there’s no evidence that COVID-19, the new coronavirus, can be transmitted from soft surfaces like fabric or carpet to humans.
(Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School, 2020)
Is it safe to receive a package from any area where COVID-19 has been reported?
Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.
If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and hot water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
(World Health Organization, 2020)
We need you as Makers to comply with the following actions in response to this outbreak.
Please stop making any hand-knit or crocheted items for Knots of Love if any of the following applies to you or anyone you in your home:
- If you or any family members have traveled to an identified high-risk zone, we ask that you follow the advice of local authorities.
- If you exhibit flu-like symptoms, such as respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties, please err on the side of caution and self-quarantine at home for 14 days (or until you are cleared by a healthcare provider to return to work).
We encourage our Makers to follow the below protective measures advised by global health authorities while making items for us at all times:
- Frequently and thoroughly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and hot water.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissues away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or a cough.
- If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time, and we will keep you informed of any new developments which may impact you.
This article was released by Knots of Love.
Knots of Love logo trademarked by Knots of Love.