Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, March 7, 2020:
Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. South wind around 5 mph.
High temperatures are expected drop back into 60s, with a chance of showers early in the next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1774 The British close the port of Boston to all commerce.
- 1847 U.S. General Winfield Scott occupies Vera Cruz, Mexico.
- 1862 Confederate forces surprise the Union army at the Battle of Pea Ridge, in Arkansas, but the Union is victorious.
- 1876 Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for the telephone.
- 1927 A Texas law that bans Negroes from voting is ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
- 1933 The film King Kong premieres in New York City.
- 1933 The board game Monopoly is invented.
- 1935 Malcolm Campbell sets an auto speed record of 276.8 mph in Florida.
- 1971 A thousand U.S. planes bomb Cambodia and Laos.
- 1979 Voyager 1 reaches Jupiter.