Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, March 12, 2020:
A chance of showers after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
High temperatures are expected to remain in the 60s, with a chance of precipitation through next week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1664 New Jersey becomes a British colony.
- 1789 The United States Post Office is established.
- 1862 Birth of Jane Delano, nurse, teacher, founder of the Red Cross.
- 1863 President Jefferson Davis delivers his State of the Confederacy address.
- 1884 Mississippi establishes the first U.S. state college for women.
- 1894 Coca-Cola is sold in bottles for the first time.
- 1911 Dr. Fletcher of the Rockefeller Institute discovers the cause of infantile paralysis.
- 1912 Juliet Low founds the Girl Scouts in Savannah, Georgia.
- 1933 President Roosevelt makes the first of his Sunday evening fireside chats.
- 1959 The U.S. House of Representatives joins the Senate in approving the statehood of Hawaii.
- 1985 The United States and the Soviet Union begin arms control talks in Geneva.