To retain the ability to provide essential services to the community, the City of La Palma is taking steps to reduce the potential exposure of COVID-19 to the public and our employees by limiting non-essential gatherings. Under guidance received by local, state, and federal officials, City officials have enacted new measures, until further notice, which may extend further if deemed necessary.
- Police and Fire services will continue, and 9-1-1 will be operating as usual.
City Facilities & Programs
- All City departments will continue to operate with available staff.
- The La Palma Community Center is temporarily closed to the public, and all indoor and outdoor facility rentals, including private events, are canceled until the end of May.
- Central Park basketball and tennis courts are temporarily closed.
- All on-site recreation programs (contract classes, sports classes, teen programs, etc.) are canceled. Participants will receive full or prorated refunds.
- All senior programs and Senior Club are canceled.
- Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver meals.
- Street Sweeping Parking Enforcement has been suspended until further notice.
- Arbor Day Celebration initially scheduled for April 21st has been postponed.
- La Palma’s State of the City Address initially scheduled for April 30th has been postponed.
- Festival of Nations event scheduled for May 2nd has been canceled.
The City will continue to monitor the situation daily and provide you with updates as they become available.
This article was released by the City of La Palma.