Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, April 5, 2020:
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Rain, mainly after 11pm. Low around 54. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Temperatures are expected to remain in the 60s, with a chance of precipitation as a storm system moves through the region over the first half of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1614 Pocahontas marries English colonist John Rolfe.
- 1792 George Washington casts the first presidential veto.
- 1856 Birth of Booker T. Washington, former slave, educator, founded the Tuskegee Institute.
- 1861 Gideon Welles, the Secretary of the Navy, issues official orders for the USS Powhatan to sail to Fort Sumter.
- 1865 As the Confederate army approaches Appomattox, it skirmishes with Union forces at Amelia Springs and Paine’s Cross Road.
- 1900 Birth of Spencer Tracy, actor (Adam’s Rib, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner).
- 1951 Americans Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are sentenced to death for espionage.
- 1986 A bomb explodes in a West Berlin disco packed with American soldiers.