Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, April 11, 2020:
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 65. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 55. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
Temperatures are expected to gradually rise, with mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1783 After receiving a copy of the provisional treaty on 13 March, Congress proclaims a formal end to hostilities with Great Britain.
- 1794 Birth of Edward Everett, governor of Massachusetts, statesman and orator.
- 1862 Birth of Charles Evans Hughes, 11th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 1893 Birth of Dean G. Acheson, U.S. secretary of state (1949-53) who helped create NATO.
- 1898 American President William McKinley asks Congress for declaration of war with Spain.
- 1925 Birth of Ethel Kennedy, wife of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1951 President Truman fires General Douglas MacArthur as head of United Nations forces in Korea.
- 1961 Folk singer Bob Dylan performs in New York City for the first time, opening for John Lee Hooker.
- 1968 President Johnson signs the 1968 Civil Rights Act.
- 1974 The Judiciary committee subpoenas President Richard Nixon to produce tapes for impeachment inquiry.
- 1981 President Ronald Reagan returns to the White House from hospital after recovery from an assassination attempt.
- 1986 Dodge Morgan sails solo nonstop around the world in 150 days.