Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, April 19, 2020:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Highs are expected to rise into the low 80s by the middle of the week, peaking in the upper 80s on Friday.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1689 Residents of Boston oust their governor, Edmond Andros.
- 1721 Birth of Roger Sherman, signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1764 The English Parliament bans the American colonies from printing paper money.
- 1775 The American Revolution begins as fighting breaks out at Lexington, Massachusetts.
- 1782 The Netherlands recognizes the United States.
- 1802 The Spanish reopen New Orleans port to American merchants.
- 1832 Birth of Lucretia Rudolph, President James A. Garfield’s First Lady.
- 1861 The Baltimore riots result in four Union soldiers and nine civilians killed.
- 1861 President Abraham Lincoln orders a blockade of Confederate ports.
- 1903 Birth of Eliot Ness, Treasury agent during Prohibition.
- 1939 Connecticut finally approves the Bill of Rights.
- 1960 Baseball uniforms begin displaying player’s names on their backs.
- 1977 Alex Haley receives a special Pulitzer Prize for his book Roots.
- 1982 NASA names Sally Ride to be the first woman astronaut.
- 1989 The battleship USS Iowa‘s number 2 turret explodes, killing sailors.
- 1993 The FBI ends a 51-day siege by storming the Branch Davidian religious cult headquarters in Waco, Texas.
- 1995 A truck bomb explodes in front of the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.