Weather in northwest Orange County for Sunday, April 26, 2020:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Highs are forecast to linger in the 80s before slipping back into the upper 70s around midweek.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1607 The British establish a colony at Cape Henry, Virginia.
- 1718 Birth of Esek Hopkins, first commodore of the United States Navy.
- 1822 Birth of Frederick Law Olmsted, landscape architect, designed New York’s Central Park.
- 1865 Joseph E. Johnston surrenders the Army of Tennessee to General William T. Sherman.
- 1931 New York Yankee Lou Gehrig hits a home run but is called out for passing a runner, the mistake ultimately costs him the home run record.
- 1941 The first organ is played at a baseball stadium in Chicago.
- 1968 Students seize the administration building at Ohio State University.
- 1983 The Dow Jones Industrial Average breaks 1,200 for first time.