The Annual Bulky Item/Spring Clean-Up Week will be held the week of May 18 through May 22. Collection will occur on your normal trash collection day, and items must be placed near the curb.
While this clean-up event includes the removal of most large or bulky items, please note the following types of items cannot be collected during this event:
- Tree branches longer than four feet (please cut them down to smaller sizes)
- Construction materials, such as concrete, asphalt, dirt, rocks, sod, etc.
- Automobile-related items, like motor oil, auto parts, engines, tires, etc.
- Household hazardous waste, including batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, paints, pesticides,etc.
- E-Waste items, such as TVs, computers, monitors, DVD/Bluray players, etc.
For information regarding proper disposal of Household hazardous waste or E-Waste items, visit our website at www.cityoflapalma.org/recycling.
Some of the above-referenced items can be collected as part of a curbside special waste collection program. If you want to know whether a specific item can be collected through the special waste collection program (or part of the annual clean-up event), please call EDCO Park Disposal at (714) 522-3577.
This article was released by the City of La Palma.