Weather in northwest Orange County for Thursday, May 14, 2020:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 59. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
Highs are forecast to remain in the 70s with partly to mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1804 The Lewis and Clark Expedition officially begins as the Corps of Discovery departs from St. Charles, Missouri.
- 1853 Gail Borden applies for a patent for condensed milk.
- 1863 Union General Nathanial Banks heads towards Port Hudson along the Mississippi River.
- 1897 “Stars and Stripes Forever” by John Phillip Sousa is performed for the first time in Philadelphia.
- 1961 A bus carrying black and white civil rights activists is bombed and burned in Alabama.
- 1969 Three companies of the 101st Airborne Division fail to push North Vietnamese forces off Hill 937 in South Vietnam.
- 1973 The U.S. space station Skylab is launched.