Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, May 29, 2020:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 73. Light south wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 60. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light.
Highs are forecast to remain in the mid-70s, with partly to mostly sunny skies.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1721 South Carolina is formally incorporated as a royal colony of England.
- 1736 Birth of Patrick Henry, American revolutionary and governor of Virginia.
- 1790 Rhode Island becomes the last of the original thirteen colonies to ratify the Constitution.
- 1848 Wisconsin becomes the thirtieth state.
- 1849 A patent for lifting vessels is granted to Abraham Lincoln.
- 1862 Confederate general P.G.T. Beauregard retreats to Tupelo, Mississippi.
- 1911 The Indianapolis 500 is run for the first time.
- 1916 U.S. forces invade the Dominican Republic.
- 1922 The U.S. Supreme Court rules organized baseball is a sport not subject to antitrust laws.
- 1974 President Richard Nixon agrees to turn over 1,200 pages of edited Watergate transcripts.