Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, July 13, 2020:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 83. Light south wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 66. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Heat Advisory in effect from July 11, 10:00 AM PDT until July 12, 08:00 PM PDT
Highs are expected to remain in the lower 80s for the rest of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1585 A group of 108 English colonists, led by Sir Richard Grenville, reaches Roanoke Island, North Carolina.
- 1754 George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to the French, leaving them in control of the Ohio Valley.
- 1787 Congress, under the Articles of Confederation, enacts the Northwest Ordinance, establishing rules for governing the Northwest Territory, for admitting new states to the Union and limiting the expansion of slavery.
- 1832 Henry Schoolcraft discovers the source of the Mississippi River in Minnesota.
- 1862 Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest defeats a Union army at Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- 1886 Birth of Edward J. Flanagan, Catholic priest, founder of Boys’ Town.
- 1928 Birth of Robert N.C. Nix, Jr., first African-American chief justice of a state supreme court.