Weather in northwest Orange County for Tuesday, July 14, 2020:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 79. Light south wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 64. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight.
Heat Advisory in effect from July 11, 10:00 AM PDT until July 12, 08:00 PM PDT
Highs are expected to remain in the lower 80s for the rest of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1798 The Sedition Act is passed by the U.S. Congress.
- 1864 At Harrisburg, Mississippi, Federal troops under General Andrew Jackson Smith repulse an attack by General Nathan Bedford Forrest.
- 1904 Birth of Isaac Singer, Polish-born American writer.
- 1912 Birth of Woodrow Wilson “Woody” Guthrie, American folk singer.
- 1938 Howard Hughes and crew set a new world record for an around-the-world flight.
- 1945 American battleships and cruisers bombard the Japanese home islands for the first time.
- 1951 The George Washington Carver National Monument in Joplin, Missouri becomes the first national park honoring an African American.
- 1964 The United States sends 600 more troops to Vietnam.