Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, July 15, 2020:
Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 81. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 64. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light southwest after midnight.
Highs are expected to remain in the lower 80s for the rest of the week.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1779 Birth of Clement Moore, American scholar and educator.
- 1806 Lieutenant Zebulon Pike begins his western expedition from Fort Belle Fontaine.
- 1850 Birth of Francis Xavier Cabrini, the first American canonized saint.
- 1863 Confederate raider Bill Anderson and his Bushwhackers attack Huntsville, Missouri, stealing $45,000 from the local bank.
- 1901 Over 74,000 Pittsburgh steel workers go on strike.
- 1958 President Dwight Eisenhower sends 5,000 Marines to Lebanon to keep the peace.
- 1960 John F. Kennedy accepts the Democratic nomination for president.