Top Ten Stories for July 19 through July 25 included COVID-19 and unemployment benefits (still), Dr. Jeff Barke (yet again), a sex offender, Cypress capital projects, and Los Alamitos schools.
Top Ten Stories for July 19 through July 25 the most-read stories at Orange County Breeze over the last week (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- California launches second phase of extension to unemployment benefits during COVID-19
- Huntington Beach to institute modified City operations effective July 20 due to COVID-19
- Orange County offers free COVID-19 testing at new drive-through site
- Unemployment benefits during pandemic reach about $50 billion in California
- Room with a View: What does the organization Black Lives Matter believe in, and do I agree?
- Janet Nguyen releases statement on Cary Jay Smith relocating to Garden Grove
- Rossmoor resident Dr. Jeff Barke speaks at rally to re-open California
- Long Beach Police determine traffic fatality was really homicide
- Cypress Council approves two large capital projects
- Los Alamitos Superintendent responds to Governor Newsom’s new school requirements
Cover graphic of the July 2020 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide. This month’s guide is only six pages because of all the cancellations and postponements caused by COVID-19. The last two pages are puzzles!
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.