Weather in northwest Orange County for Monday, July 27, 2020:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 85. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 64. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light south in the evening.
Highs are expected to remain in upper 70s to lower 80s until the end of the week, when temperatures are expected to spike into the low 90s by Friday.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1663 The British Parliament passes a second Navigation Act, requiring all goods bound for the colonies be sent in British ships from British ports.
- 1777 The Marquis of Lafayette arrives in New England to help fight the British.
- 1861 President Abraham Lincoln replaces General Irwin McDowell with General George B. McClellen as head of the Army of the Potomac.
- 1905 The International Workers of the World found their labor organization in Chicago.
- 1909 Orville Wright sets a world record for staying aloft in an airplane–one hour, 12 minutes and 40 seconds.
- 1944 U.S. troops complete the liberation of Guam.
- 1964 President Lyndon Johnson sends an additional 5,000 advisers to South Vietnam.