With in-person learning this fall hinging on how well states handle the COVID-19 pandemic, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020’s States with the Best & Worst School Systems, as well as accompanying videos.
In order to determine the best school systems in America, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 33 key measures of quality and safety. The data set ranges from pupil-teacher ratio and dropout rate to median standardized-test scores and school closures due to COVID-19.
Quality & Safety of Schools in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 43rd – Math Test Scores
- 39th – Reading Test Scores
- 50th – Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 34th – Median SAT Score
- 16th – Median ACT Score
- 29th – % of Licensed/Certified Public K–12 Teachers
- 36th – Dropout Rate
- 7th – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 4th – % of Threatened/Injured High School Students
- 1st – Statewide School Closure due to COVID-19
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-best-schools/5335/
This article was released by WalletHub.