Top Ten Stories for July 26 through August 1 included SNAP benefits increase, unemployment benefits, and Bolsa Chica wetlands burning.
Top Ten Stories for July 26 through August 1 the most-read stories at Orange County Breeze over the last week (excluding weather forecasts and events):
- SNAP benefits to increase in Fiscal Year 2021
- California launches second phase of extension to unemployment benefits during COVID-19
- Bolsa Chica Wetlands burning
- Mayor Katrina Foley reports on Costa Mesa Council votes
- Room with a View: What does the organization Black Lives Matter believe in, and do I agree?
- Cypress police blotter, July 20 to July 26, 2020
- Senate Republican Leader criticizes cancellation of hearing to audit Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Unemployment benefits during pandemic reach about $50 billion in California
- Visit Anaheim survey reveals how Orange County residents’ travel habits are changing in the wake of COVID-19
- Long Beach Police determine traffic fatality was really homicide
Cover graphic of the August 2020 Orange County Breeze Dining, Arts & Entertainment (DARTS) guide. This month’s guide is only six pages because of all the cancellations and postponements caused by COVID-19. The last two pages are puzzles!
Do you enjoy working puzzles? We added puzzles to DARTS! Beginning with the May 2015 issue, two pages of puzzles are included in our free monthly DARTS downloadable publication.