Thank you for submitting a TK-6 Elementary School Waiver application. After both local health officer and California Department of Public Health Review, your waiver request has been approved. Note: Special Education classes will have separate guidance forthcoming from the State and are ineligible for this waiver process. Following review of many TK-6 Elementary School Waiver applications, the County Health Officer requires that all applicants ensure that their TK-6 reopening plans include the following information:
- Clearly indicate that all COVID-19 positive tests (cases) or known close contacts of cases in students or staff are reported to the Health Care Agency (within one business today) by calling the COVID Schools Response Team through the Orange County Health Referral Line (HRL): (800) 564-8448 – option 2, between 9AM-5PM on weekdays. (Note: this option is for School Personnel only)
- COVID-19 Testing:
- Include information about the availability of COVID-19 testing (symptomatic only) that is available through the Orange County COVID-19 Testing Network (from community health centers that offer testing and care, even if you do not have health insurance). Information available at: https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/oc-covid-19-testing-network-those-symptoms
- Include information about the availability of COVID-19 testing at the Orange County COVID-19 Super Site for Orange County residents at no-cost for people who meet Public Health priorities for testing (symptomatic or close contacts) and cannot get a test through their medical provider (doctor). Information available at: https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/supersite
- Include information about COVID-19 testing available for people with insurance. Information available at: https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/testing-resources-orange-county
- Include information about the COVID-19 Testing Locations Map. Information available at: https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/covid-19-testing-locations-map
- CDPH has revised the guidance to recommending, but not requiring, routine testing for staff. Schools may revise their reopening plans accordingly.
- Face Covering requirements should be consistent with CDPH Schools Guidance as follows:
2 years old-2nd GradeStrongly encouraged**
|Age||Face Covering Requirement|
|Under 2 years old||No|
|3rd Grade-high school||Yes, unless exempt|
**Face coverings are strongly encouraged for young children between two years old and second grade, if they can be worn properly. A face shield is an acceptable alternative for children in this cohort who cannot wear them properly.
We appreciate your support in educating students, parents and faculty on following COVID-19 Guidelines and best practices. Please visit our website for the latest information on COVID-19 in Orange County.