With everyone searching for good news and ways to make 2020 better, here is an event to look forward to! 2020 is going to improve for couples who refuse to put their marriage plans on ice. On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen will host “Get Hitched Under the Stars” at Honda Center in Anaheim. During this special evening, 42 couples will have the opportunity to get married under the stars from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. To participate in this unique experience, you must make an appointment, obtain a marriage license, and have a marriage ceremony performed by one of the department’s deputy commissioners of marriage that night.
To make an appointment, call us at (714) 834-3136. Appointments are available on a first come, first served basis so schedule your appointment soon!
“All of our daytime appointments for this popular date were booked way ahead of time,” said Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen. “The demand for more appointments is there. It gives me great pleasure to help out our customers and to make our services even more accessible for working couples who can’t make it to Honda Center during our standard operating hours.”
Normally, marriage services at Honda Center are available by appointment from 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. According to Brides.com, October is 2020’s most popular month for getting married; explaining why all daytime appointments for Tuesday, October 20 have already been booked. For many couples, choosing a date with a special numerical sequence also makes it easier for their partners to remember the special occasion.
The department will offer 42 appointments and implement strict social distancing guidelines. The following restrictions will be in place to ensure the safety of couples and staff:
- Couples must obtain a marriage license and have a marriage ceremony performed by one of our deputy commissioners of marriage during their appointment time.
- For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple and one witness may be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- Upon arrival, couples must remain inside their vehicle until department staff contacts them by phone to direct them to a window.
- Couples must present valid government issued photo identification at their appointment.
- The following forms of payment are accepted: personal check, money order or a cashier’s check. Please make payable to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department.
- No walk-in applicants will be taken during this time.
For more detailed information, please call our information line at (714) 834-2500.
This article was released by the Orange County Clerk-Recorder.