Weather in northwest Orange County for Saturday, October 31, 2020:
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Calm wind.
High temperatures are forecast to peak twice in the upper 80s over the course of the week, followed by a sharp decline.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1803 Congress ratifies the purchase of the entire Louisiana area in North America, adding territory to the U.S. which will eventually become 13 more states.
- 1838 A mob of about 200 attacks a Mormon camp in Missouri, killing 20 men, women and children.
- 1860 Birth of Juliette Low, founder of the Girl Scouts.
- 1864 Nevada becomes the 36th state.
- 1896 Birth of Ethel Waters, actress and blues singer.
- 1941 After 14 years of work, the Mount Rushmore National Memorial is completed.
- 1952 The United States explodes the first hydrogen bomb at Eniwetok Atoll in the Pacific.
- 1968 The bombing of North Vietnam is halted by the United States.
- 1971 Saigon begins the release of 1,938 Hanoi POWs.
- 2002 Former Enron Corp. CEO Andrew Fastow convicted on 78 counts of conspiracy, money laundering, obstruction of justice and wire fraud; the Enron collapse cost investors millions and led to new oversight legislation.