If you are looking to usher in the holiday spirit and tie the knot this winter, look no further! On Saturday, December 12, 2020, Orange County Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen will be hosting Winter Wonderland marriage ceremonies at Honda Center in Anaheim. During this special day, couples will have the opportunity to walk down the aisle in a magical Winter Wonderland setting from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. To participate in this unique experience, you must make an appointment, obtain a marriage license, and have a marriage ceremony performed by one of the department’s deputy commissioners of marriage. Service is by appointment only. Appointments are available on a first come, first served basis at https://cr.ocgov.com/intranet_oc/emarriage/.
“Our Ceremonies Under the Stars event was a great success and was an unforgettable experience for couples,” said Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen. “This gives us another opportunity to give couples a little joy on their special day and to help them usher in the holiday spirit in a unique and memorable way.”
Normally, marriage services at Honda Center are available by appointment from 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. For this one-time event, the department will be issuing and performing marriage ceremonies on Saturday, December 12, 2020 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The department will offer appointments and implement strict social distancing guidelines. The following restrictions will be in place to ensure the safety of couples and staff:
- Couples must obtain a marriage license and have a marriage ceremony performed by one of our deputy commissioners of marriage during their appointment time.
- For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple and one witness may be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- Upon arrival, couples must remain inside their vehicle until department staff contacts them by phone to direct them to a window.
- Couples must present valid government issued photo identification at their appointment.
- Only the following forms of payment are accepted: personal check, money order or a cashier’s check. Please make payable to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department.
- No walk-in applicants will be taken during this event.
For more detailed information, please call our information line at (714) 834-2500.
This article was released by the Orange County Clerk-Recorder.