Weather in northwest Orange County for Wednesday, November 25, 2020:
Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then becoming sunny, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Increasing clouds, with a low around 48. Calm wind.
Highs are to expected to rise into the mid-upper 70s over the weekend.
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1863 Union ends the siege of Chattanooga with the Battle of Missionary Ridge.
- 1876 Colonel Ronald MacKenzie destroys Cheyenne Chief Dull Knife’s village, in the Bighorn Mountains near the Red Fork of the Powder River, during the so-called Great Sioux War.
- 1896 Birth of Virgil Thompson, American composer (Four Saints in Three Acts, The Mother of Us All).
- 1923 Transatlantic broadcasting from England to America commences for the first time.
- 1946 The U.S. Supreme Court grants the Oregon Indians land payment rights from the U.S. government.
- 1963 The body of assassinated President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1986 As President Ronald Reagan announces the Justice Department’s findings concerning the Iran-Contra affair; secretary Fawn Hall smuggles important documents out of Lt. Col. Oliver North’s office.