Weather in northwest Orange County for Friday, November 27, 2020:
Sunny, with a high near 75. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
High temperatures are forecast to peak on Sunday in the upper 70s before gradually dropping.
High Wind Warning in effect from November 26, 04:00 PM PST until November 27, 03:00 PM PST
Red Flag Warning until November 27, 06:00 PM PST
Courtesy of HistoryNet:
- 1826 Jebediah Smith’s expedition reaches San Diego, becoming the first Americans to cross the southwestern part of the continent.
- 1862 George Armstrong Custer meets his future bride, Elizabeth Bacon, at a Thanksgiving party.
- 1868 Lieutenant Colonel George A. Custer’s 7th Cavalry kills Chief Black Kettle and about 100 Cheyenne (mostly women and children) on the Washita River.
- 1870 Birth of Joe Mack, builder of gasoline-powered delivery wagons which eventually evolved into the Mack Truck Company.
- 1874 Birth of Charles A. Beard, distinguished American historian who wrote History of the United States.
- 1887 U.S. Deputy Marshall Frank Dalton, brother of the three famous outlaws, is killed in the line of duty near Fort Smith, Ark.
- 1950 East of the Choosing River, Chinese forces annihilate an American task force.
- 1967 Lyndon Johnson appoints Robert McNamara to presidency of the World Bank.
- 1973 US Senate votes to confirm Gerald Ford as President of the United States, following President Richard Nixon’s resignation; the House will confirm Ford on Dec. 6.
- 1978 San Francisco mayor George Moscone and Harvey Milk, the city’s first openly gay supervisor, assassinated by former city supervisor Dan White.
- 2001 Hubble Space Telescope discovers a hydrogen atmosphere on planet Osiris, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.